Best Online Savings Accounts – July 2017
As you’re probably aware, savings accounts aren’t exactly handing out gobs of interest these days. But, if you’re willing to look — and we are — you can find online savings accounts giving you more than the paltry rate your local bank is giving.
Below is our list of the best online savings accounts based on annual percentage yields (APY). Most have no monthly fee, but may limit the number of withdrawals you make each month.
- Open a Premier High Yield Savings account and get up to a 1.30% APY (on balances up to $100k) and $100 Cash Bonus*. – Use promo code PREMIER. (*See site for full terms and conditions on this offer.) ***
- Salem Five Direct – 1.25% APY, $100 minimum deposit to open account. Over $500K gets lowered rate.
- Goldman Sachs Bank – 1.20% APY, no minimum balance, no monthly fee.
- SFGI Direct — 1.21% APY, $500 minimum opening deposit, no monthly fee.
- Ally Bank — 1.15% APY, no minimum deposit, no monthly fee.
- American Express Bank — 1.15% APY, no monthly fee, no minimum deposit
- Barclays — 1.20% APY, no minimum balance, no monthly fee.
- Synchrony Bank — 1.20% APY, no minimum balance, no monthly fee.
- Discover Bank — 1.10% APY, minimum $500 opening deposit, no monthly fee
- FNBO Direct (First National Bank Omaha) – 1.10% APY, no monthly fee.
- SmartyPig (Sallie Mae Bank) — 1.05% APY on balances up to $10,000, 1.15% above $10K.
** This site is compensated when you are approved for this account.