The 10 Best Work From Home Opportunities
If we were looking for an opportunity to work from home, these are the ten opportunities we’d tackle first. All are legitimate stay-at-home work jobs, and this site does not receive any compensation if you choose to work with one of them.
- Apple – Be an AppleCare At Home Advisor and provide customer service help to Apple customers over the phone. Positions are listed as full-time; we are not sure if part-time jobs are available. When you click through, you may see these jobs listed as specific to individual cities, but within the posts themselves, Apple says, “This is a work from home position and you can live in any city across the US-you do not need to live in the city this is posted in to be considered.”
- Enterprise – The well-known car rental company hires at-home customer service representatives and reservation agents who work with Enterprise customers by telephone.
- Hertz – This car rental company also has multiple work-at-home positions in various U.S. cities. You must complete a training program in order to secure most of these part-time or full-time jobs.
- Disney Store – Offers certain customer service positions on a work-at-home basis. While the jobs are work from home, they may not be available in all areas. Click through to see what jobs are available now.
- LiveOps – Provide customer service from home for various companies supplied by LiveOps. They also offer stay-at-home sales opportunities. Could be full-time or part-time. Past LiveOps agents have reported making as much as $15 per hour, but that is not guaranteed. No experience necessary for most jobs. Note that a background check costing about $60 is necessary and will be your responsibility.
- TeleTech – Offers work-at-home customer service opportunities. From their site: “As a TeleTech@Home associate, you’ll use TeleTech’s proprietary technology to support and assist customers with a variety of customer service and technical needs. This could include helping customers over the phone, via chat, or on social media. Best of all, you can do it all while wearing your slippers or flip flops! (To get started, you’ll need internet access and a home phone.)”
- Amazon.com – Amazon’s version of work from home is called “Virtual Locations.” The easiest jobs to get are customer service rep jobs, but there are other opportunities for those with more education/experience in certain areas. And Amazon is on a hiring spree.
- Working Solutions – Offers mainly remote customer service positions “for skilled, educated and motivated professionals to help customers with sales, service and technical support transactions. Agents interact with customers over the phone or online through chat sessions and email.”
- Hilton – Offers full-time and part-time positions for at-home Reservation Sales or Customer Care representatives. Pay is $9 per hour, but there are possibilities for sales incentives that take some at-home workers up to $11-$14 per hour. For full-time workers, you can get medical insurance, 401(k), and other benefits including paid time off. As you might imagine, these positions are in demand, so you’ll want to apply even if there are not current openings.
- Westat – This research company contracts with government agencies to collect and analyze data related to public policy. What that means to you is that Westat needs people to be interviewers both in the field and at home to survey the lives and opinions of people in your area. There are also other work-from-home positions. All jobs are home-based, though many do require you to travel to the homes of people who’ve agreed to be interviewed.
- American Express – Offers a variety of “virtual career opportunities’ that could let you work from home. The Travel Counselor/Customer Service telephone jobs will probably be the most interesting if you don’t have the specific skills required for other Amex remote jobs.
- Xerox – They say they have over 8000 home-based employees in the “Virtual Office Program,” doing data entry, quality control, customer service and more. You can browse available positions to see if they currently have positions right for you.