AMC Stubs A-List Review
By Adam Jusko, ProudMoney.com, email@example.com
AMC Theatres Stubs A-List is a movie subscription service that allows you to see a higher volume of movies each month at a fixed, discounted price. (Assuming that you see enough movies to take full advantage of the subscription.)
Price – How much does it cost?
AMC Stubs A-List subscribers pay $19.95 per month in most states, but your price could also be $21.95 or $23.95 per month depending on where you live. (If you’re in a geographic area with higher costs of living, you’ll pay more. See the Stubs A-List site to determine your costs.)
What do you get for that price?
Stubs A-List allows you to:
- See up to 3 movies per week
- See multiple movies in the same day
- See the same movie multiple times
- Book up to 3 movies in advance
- See 3D and IMAX movies as part of the subscription
Friday to Thursday is a week, no carryovers
The Stubs A-List subscription will treat a “week” as beginning on Friday and ending on Thursday for purposes of calculating the 3-movie limit. In addition, there will be no “carryover” of movies from week to week. If you don’t see 3 movies this week, you don’t get to carry them over to the next. In other words, you can’t see 2 movies this week and carry over the extra to see 4 movies next week.
What if I want to see movies with others?
Each Stubs A-List subscription is just for one individual, but of course most people like to see movies with other people. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Invite another Stubs A-List member to become part of your “A-List Entourage” and then you can book tickets for both people at the same time.
- If your companion for a movie is not a Stubs A-List member, you can still buy a ticket at full price for that person, assuming there is ticket and seating availability. This leaves things a little bit more to chance, especially if you want to have multiple people watching a popular movie together.
Overall, the AMC Theatres Stubs A-List subscription service is a winner for the frequent moviegoer. They’ve solved many of the pain points that other (now defunct) movie subscription services had while still providing good value at a reasonable price.