No credit card reward is more flexible than cash. That’s why cash back credit cards are the favorite type of card for most people. Depending on where your purchasing dollars are spent each month, you might consider one or more of these credit cards that return some of your hard-earned cash to you:
Chase Freedom Flex℠ – Why We Like It: Good everyday earnings, plus the opportunity to earn 5% cash back on certain purchases throughout the year. Earn: 5% on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate, 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services, 3% on drugstore purchases, 1% on all other purchases. NEW CARDHOLDER BONUS OPPORTUNITY: Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – Why We Like It: 6% cash back on up to $6,000 per year in purchases at U.S. supermarkets (then 1%), 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% cash back on transit purchases, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations, 1% cash back on other purchases. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. NEW CARDHOLDER WELCOME BONUS OPPORTUNITY: Earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. See Rates & Fees. Terms Apply.
Chase Freedom Unlimited® – Why We Like It: Good cash-back on everyday categories, and a nice “catch all” reward rate on other purchases, with no annual fee. Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery services), 3% on drugstore purchases, and 1.5% on all other purchases. INTRO OFFER FOR NEW CARDHOLDERS: Earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year). Could be worth up to $300 cash back 👀
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card – 3% cash back on dining, groceries, entertainment purchases, and most streaming services, 1% elsewhere. No annual fee.
- SoFi Credit Card – Earn 2% cash back on all purchases, but only if you initially deposit your cash back into a SoFi account. (You’ll need to open a SoFi banking/investing account if you don’t already have one.)
- US Bank Altitude Go – 4% cash back on dining purchases, 2% on groceries, gas, and streaming services, and then 1% anywhere else. No annual fee.
- US Bank Cash+ – Get 5% cash back in your choice of two purchasing categories from a list that US Bank provides, then 2% cash back on your choice of gas, groceries or dining. 1% back everywhere else. No annual fee.
- Verizon Visa – A strong cash-back card, but mostly only if you’re a Verizon customer, because you’ll redeem your cash back toward Verizon bill payment or Verizon phone purchases. (But if you have to pay your Verizon bill anyway, it’s pretty much the same as cash.) Get 4% back at grocery stores, 4% at gas stations, 3% at restaurants/takeout, 2% on Verizon purchases, and 1% everywhere else.