Colleges That Offer A Sibling Discount
College costs a lot of money, especially if you’re sending more than one child at the same time. Below is a list of colleges and universities that offer a discount when a younger sibling joins his or her older sibling at the same school.
- Gonzaga University – Offers what it calls a Family Discount when there are multiple siblings simultaneously enrolled as full-time undergraduates. If there are two siblings at Gonzaga at the same time, the older sibling gets a 10% tuition discount. If by chance there are three siblings enrolled at the same time, the oldest gets a 20% discount and the middle sibling gets a 10% discount. All siblings must be dependent undergraduate students for financial aid purposes in order to get the discount. Gonzaga is located in Spokane, Washington.
- Quinnipiac University – This Connecticut university has a “Multiple Sibling Award” that gives a $2000 scholarship to each sibling, on top of any other scholarships or financial aid being received. The money is available to full-time undergraduate and graduate siblings toward their tuition payments, and it’s renewable every year that the siblings are in full-time attendance at the same time.
- Johnson & Wales University – Siblings are considered “legacy” at this university and are eligible for a $4000 tuition scholarship. Main campus is in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Otterbein University – Siblings each get a $1000 grant to this Ohio university when they are enrolled at the same time.
- Saint Anselm College – Offers a Family Grant that gives a $6000 grant for each full-time student enrolled after the first — so, $6000 if two siblings, $12,000 if three siblings. The grant is divided equally between all siblings. This college is in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Western New England University – Offers a sibling discount of $1000 for each full-time undergraduate sibling enrolled at the school at the same time.
- Roger Williams University – If two siblings enrolled at the same time, offers a 10% tuition discount for both siblings. If three siblings, 10% off tuition for the first two and 20% off for the third.
- Sterling College – You’ll automatically get a $10,000 per year scholarship if you are the sibling of a current or former student at this “Christ-centered, four-year college located in Sterling, Kansas.”
- McDaniel College – This school located in Westminster Maryland offers a $2000 discount for the second sibling, and if by chance there is a third sibling, there would a $4000 discount for that student. This grant is not well-publicized on the school’s website at all, but here is the grant application for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University – Offers a 15% tuition discount for each sibling that is enrolled full time at the same time.