Instant Decision Credit Cards
These days, when you apply for a credit card, you want to know in an instant if you are getting the approval or not. Below we’ve made a list of cards that offer an “instant decision” on your credit card application — these cards do not guarantee you’ll get an approval in an instant, but they will try to accept or reject you while you wait, often in less than a minute:
- American Express Credit Cards – All of the consumer cards offered by American Express have this message on the application page online: “Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds.” Pick the American Express card that fits your needs and you’re likely to get a decision on approval instantly. Cards include the Blue Cash Everyday Card and more.
- Bank of America Credit Cards – All of the Bank of America online credit card applications have this message indicating an instant decision: “Complete your application and get a response in as little as 60 seconds.” Offers a range of reward cards including the Cash Rewards Visa, plus other choices.
- Barclaycard Credit Cards – All the credit cards issued by Barclaycard have the message “Get an Instant Response” on their online applications. This includes Barclaycard-branded cards like the Barclaycard CashForward MasterCard as well as cards issued on behalf of other companies.
- Capital One Credit Cards – Capital One attempts to give an instant decision on all of its consumer credit cards, so any card that fits your needs is likely to give you a fast approval (or rejection). Here’s how Capital One spells it out on their Credit Cards FAQ: “If you apply by phone or online, you will often get a response in 60 seconds. However, in some cases we need to collect additional information to make a decision.” Cards available include the Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Card.
- First National Bank of Omaha Credit Cards – Offers a limited number of low interest and rewards credit cards. On its Personal Products page, you’ll find this question and answer: “How can I be instantly approved when applying for a credit card? After filling out a credit card application and clicking Submit, we will begin processing your application. In just a few moments, you will have a response. If you’ve been approved, you will receive your new card in the mail. If we need more time to process your application, you will hear from us shortly. Instant approval is not available on all credit card products.” First National Bank credit cards include the Complete Rewards Visa, which allows you to earn up to 2% cash back on all your purchases if you deposit the rebates into other First National accounts such as checking or savings.
- U.S. Bank Credit Cards – On its Products & Services page, U.S. Bank says “Many of our checking accounts and credit cards offer instant approval.” So, while there is no guarantee of instant approval, most cards will at least offer you a quick decision one way or the other. The U.S. Bank Cash 365 Card offers a flat 2% cash back in the first year, then 1.5% cash back after that.
- Amazon.com Store Card – “Instant credit decision in as little as 15 seconds” Note that this is not the Amazon Rewards Visa but instead the store card issued by Synchrony Bank. Its main purpose is to give you 0% financing on larger Amazon purchases.
- Belk Credit Card – Department store credit card will not only approve you instantly (if your credit history is good enough), but it will also give you 15%-20% off purchases if you use the card for purchases today.
- JCPenney Credit Card – Department store credit card will usually give you an instant decision and let you use the card today upon approval — including 15% off your purchases made today.
- Kohl’s Charge – “Most applications can be processed within 60 seconds.” Assuming you are approved today, you can use the card immediately and get at least 20% off today’s purchases. (The exact discount on same-day purchases changes often; see site for current offer.)
- Macy’s Credit Card – When you apply and are instantly approved, you’ll get 20% off your purchases with the card today and tomorrow (up to $100 off maximum).