By Adam Jusko, ProudMoney.com, email@example.com
Mastercard has announced some interesting new benefits that might add extra meaning for potential Mastercard World & World Elite cardholders. If the “World” and “World Elite” names have mostly seemed like marketing jargon in the past, these new, concrete benefits could make cards with these designations more desirable.
Specifically, the following discounts and benefits are coming to all “World Elite” Mastercard credit cards, while “World” Mastercards will get only those specifically mentioned below:
- Cell Phone Insurance: World and World Elite cardholders will be eligible for Mastercard Cellular Telephone Protection when they charge their monthly telephone bill to their World or World Elite Mastercard. This benefit—with a maximum liability of $600 per claim for World cardholders and $800 for World Elite cardholders—covers stolen or damaged mobile phones as well as cosmetic screen scratches even if they don’t affect the ability to make or take a call. Cardholders simply have to submit a claim if they incur a loss, up to $1,000 per year.
- Lyft: If World Elite cardholders ride with Lyft at least 5 times in a calendar month, they will receive a $10 credit, which will be automatically applied to the next ride.
- Fandango: World Elite cardholders will earn double Fandango VIP+ points for the movie tickets they buy. Cardholders will get 500 Fandango VIP+ points (worth $5) for every two movie tickets they purchase via the Fandango app or Fandango.com, which can be used towards purchasing movie tickets on Fandango or towards streaming movies and TV shows on FandangoNOW.
- Postmates: World and World Elite cardholders will receive $5 off every order of $25 or more.
- Boxed: World Elite cardholders will earn 5% in rewards on their Boxed purchases, which can be used towards future purchases on Boxed.
Mastercard says “Applicable banks are beginning to roll out” these benefits, so they might not be available quite yet. However, here is a partial list of World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard credit cards that should have the benefits soon:
- Bank of America Cash Rewards World Mastercard
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard
- American Airlines AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- Amtrak World Mastercard
- Capital One Savor Rewards World Elite Mastercard
- Capital One SavorOne Rewards World Elite Mastercard
- Frontier Airlines World Mastercard
- Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard
- IHG Rewards Club Premier World Elite Mastercard
- Spirit Airlines World Mastercard