Updated September 16, 2022 – If you will be driving on the South Bay Expressway / 125 Toll Road in the San Diego area, you have multiple options for paying your tolls as you go, or for paying a missed toll after the fact. These include paying with:
- Cash: Use bills or exact change to pay your toll. No change is given, so if you overpay, you won’t get change back.
- Credit Card: You can pay with any MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover card, including gift cards that have the logo of one of those networks.
- FasTrak: A good option for those who use San Diego & California toll roads often. Open an account and deposit money to get a transponder that you put on your windshield and have tolls deducted automatically without having to stop and pay tolls. This can be a cheaper option if you use local toll roads often enough. (See Fastrak fees here.) You can open a FasTrak account online or download and mail/bring the completed application to 1129 La Media Road, San Diego, CA 92154. You can also get FasTrak transponders at 8 local Costco locations.
- Pay By Plate (For Missed Tolls): Pay for missed tolls online using your license plate number, or mail your payment to 1129 La Media Road, San Diego, CA 92154 or by calling 888-889-1515. You will pay an extra $2 if you miss a toll and have to use Pay By Plate, and you only have 4 business days to make up for any missed tolls or a $40 fee will be assessed (which goes up to $100 if not paid in 21 days).
- Toll Violation Notice: If you’ve received a Toll Violation notice, you can pay online here or pay by mail by sending payment to SANDAG Customer Service Center, 1129 La Media Road, San Diego, CA 92154 or by phone at 888-889-1515 or in person at the 1129 La Media Road address.