Instant Approval Gas Credit Cards
Updated February 4, 2020 – Based on our research, the following gas credit cards may give you instant approval, and in some cases you’ll be able to use that gas card today. Note that we are including credit cards from specific gas stations as well as general bank credit cards that offer an enhanced reward on gas purchases:
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card – This no annual fee cash back card gives a healthy reward on your gas purchases and other purchases, too, plus it offers instant approval for many applicants. If you are approved, you’ll get 3% cash back (technically given as 3 points per dollar, each point is worth one cent) on gas purchases as well as 3% on restaurants, flights, hotels, streaming services and more. 1% rebate on any other purchases.
- Bank of America Cash Rewards Mastercard – “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds” to your application. This no annual fee credit card gives 3% cash back on gas purchases and 2% on grocery store and wholesale club purchases — on up to $2500 in purchases in those categories each quarter. Any purchases that exceed that $2500 limit, or any purchases outside of gas and groceries, will earn 1% cash back. (Note that technically you can choose other categories to get 3% cash back in instead of gas, but since we are talking about gas purchases on this page, it doesn’t make sense to talk further about that here.)
- Blue Cash Everyday – This no annual fee American Express credit card offers 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations as well as 3% at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6000 in supermarket purchases per year), 2% at certain department stores, and 1% everywhere else. The message “Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds’ tells you that instant approval is very possible.
- Blue Cash Preferred – You’ll get 3% cash back on your gas station purchases with this credit card, but it does have a $95 annual fee. However, it’s a strong card otherwise, too, giving 6% back at U.S. supermarkets, 6% back on streaming services, 3% back on transit (taxis, buses, Uber/Lyft), and 1% everywhere else. Offers the same instant approval possibilities as the card above.
- Sam’s Club Mastercard – You’ll have to be a Sam’s Club member to get this card, but if you are, you’ll get 5% cash back on your gas purchases (on the first $6000 in yearly gas purchases, 1% rebate if beyond that). You’ll also get 3% on dining, 3% on travel, 1% everywhere else. You can tell instant approval is possible with this one because it has a $45 bonus offer when you sign up and use the card on the same day.
- Amazon Visa – You’ll get 2 points per dollar on your gas purchases with this Amazon credit card that often gives instant approval. You’ll also get 3% on Amazon purchases (or 5% if you are an Amazon Prime customer), 2% at restaurants, 2% at drugstores, and 1% everywhere else. Your rewards are given as points toward future Amazon.com purchases or to be used as cash back.
- Walmart Credit Card – The Walmart Mastercard or Walmart store credit card promise you could “start earning rewards on purchases today upon approval.” If you are instantly approved, you can immediately start earning 5% back at Walmart.com and on Walmart grocery pickup and delivery purchases, as well as 2% at Walmart stores, on Walmart gas, on restaurants, and on travel. You’ll get 1% back on all other purchases.
- BP Credit Card – BP gas stations offer a BP Visa or BP-only credit card that you can use to get BP gas rebates and, in the case of the BP Visa, 3% cash back on groceries and 1% cash back on anything else. Instant approval is possible though not guaranteed.
- Citgo Credit Card – “You may receive an instant response” when you apply for this gas station credit card that gives you a 5-cent rebate on every gallon of gas purchased with the card.