Capital One launched its first Capital One-branded airport lounge in late 2021 at Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW) and thus far that is the only Capital One Lounge that is actually open. Two more are opening soon, though they’ve been pushed back to 2023 after originally being slated for a 2022 debut.
Capital One Lounges Now Open:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): Located in Terminal D by Gate D22. Open every day 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Capital One Lounges Opening Soon:
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) Washington D.C.: Opening 2023 in the Main Terminal, directly after TSA PreCheck. (TSA PreCheck is located between the East and West Security Checkpoint Entrances.)
- Denver International Airport (DEN): Opening 2023 in Concourse A on the Mezzanine Level. (Mezzanine Level means it will be above the regular concourse level, just in case you’re not sure what the heck mezzanine means.)
Who can get in a Capital One Lounge? Is there a cost?
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card holders and their authorized users get into Capital One Lounges for free, and can also bring two guests per visit, also for free.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Spark Miles for Business cardholders get two free Capital One lounge visits per year. After those two free visits, the cost would be $45 per visit.
- You do not have to be a Capital One cardholder to enter a Capital One Lounge. However, if you don’t have a Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, or Capital One Spark Miles for Business, the cost is $65 per visit. (Kids under two are free.)
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Holders Also Get Priority Pass
In addition to Capital One’s own airport lounges, Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card holders are also entitled to a free Priority Pass membership, which gives you access to over 1300 other airport lounges worldwide.
Author: Adam Jusko