Capital One launched its first Capital One-branded airport lounge in late 2021 at Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW) and recently opened its second lounge at Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Washington D.C. At least one other lounge is known to be in development (at Denver International Airport) and should open before the end of 2023.
Capital One Lounges Now Open:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): Located in Terminal D by Gate D22. Open every day 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) Washington D.C.: Opening 2023 in the Main Terminal, directly after TSA PreCheck. (TSA PreCheck is located between the East and West Security Checkpoint Entrances.) Open every day 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (NOTE: Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the “soft opening” from September 7 through September 15, 2023.)
Capital One Lounges Opening Soon:
- Denver International Airport (DEN): Opening 2023 in Concourse A on the Mezzanine Level. (Mezzanine Level means it will be above the regular concourse level, just in case you’re not sure what the heck mezzanine means.)
Who can get in a Capital One Lounge? Is there a cost?
- card_name holders and their authorized users get into Capital One Lounges for free, and can also bring two guests per visit, also for free.
- card_name and card_name cardholders get two free Capital One lounge visits per year. After those two free visits, the cost would be $45 per visit.
- You do not have to be a Capital One cardholder to enter a Capital One Lounge. However, if you don’t have a card_name, card_name, or card_name, the cost is $65 per visit. (Kids under two are free.)
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Holders Also Get Priority Pass and Plaza Premium Lounge Access
In addition to Capital One’s own airport lounges, you can access Plaza Premium airport lounges under the same guidelines listed above for Capital One-branded lounges (unlimited visits for card_name holders, limited visits for other Capital One cardholders).
And card_name holders are also entitled to a free Priority Pass membership (separate enrollment required), which gives you access to over 1300 other airport lounges worldwide.
Author: Adam Jusko