Instant Credit Cards List – Apply, Get Approval, Use Today
If you’ve ever been pitched on opening a new credit card at a retail store while making a purchase, you know that some stores are more than happy to give you instant credit — you apply on the spot, get approved, and you can use the card immediately. Below we offer a list of such cards — apply online and get shopping today. (Note that instant approval is not guaranteed.)
- Fingerhut – “Get the credit you deserve” and “Start shopping today” and “Apply and get an instant decision” were the messages we saw last time we visited this well-known catalog/Internet retailer’s site. Offers a large variety of clothing, electronics, home furnishings, etc. If you’ve had past credit issues, you’ll also like this message: “Even if you have had credit challenges in the past, give us a try. You just might be surprised!” ***
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Visa – This sporting goods store has this instant approval message on its credit card page: “If approved today, earn $15 off today, when you make a $15 in-store purchase with your new credit card.” Also offers a points rewards program.
- Amazon.com Store Card – This Amazon credit card promises an “Instant credit decision in as little as 15 seconds.” This card offers 0% financing on larger Amazon.com purchases of $149 or more. (Note that this card is issued by Synchrony Bank and is different from the Amazon Rewards Visa issued by Chase.)
- Apple Rewards Visa – “Apply, and if approved, you can shop at Apple right away.” Buy your Apple products on credit and earn rewards, too.
- Belk Rewards Credit Card – You’ll get 15%-20% off all of your purchases on the day you apply and are approved for this department store credit card.
- Bergdorf Goodman Credit Card – This store credit card gives you 5,000 points in its InCircle rewards program when you open an account and make a purchase on the same day. Also is interchangeable with the Neiman Marcus card mentioned below; either card is good at both stores.
- Best Buy Credit Cards – Get 10% back in rewards when you “Apply Today, Shop Today” with the credit card of this electronics superstore.
- Bloomingdale’s Credit Card – You’ll get 25% off your purchases today AND tomorrow when you apply and get approval for the Bloomie’s credit card.
- Goodyear Credit Card – If you need tires or other auto services today, Goodyear promises you an instant decision on its credit card and says, “If approved, you can start shopping in-store or online today.”
- JCPenney Credit Card – Save 15% when you open a JCPenney credit card and use it today.
- Kohl’s Charge – Get 25% off on your Kohl’s purchases when you apply and are approved today.
- L.L. Bean Visa – “Save 15% on today’s purchase upon approval and use of your new L.L.Bean Visa Card.”
- Macy’s Credit Card – You’ll save 20% on purchases you make today and tomorrow if you apply and are instantly approved for this department store’s credit card.
- Neiman Marcus Credit Card – This store credit card gives you 5,000 points in its InCircle rewards program when you open an account and make a purchase on the same day. Also is interchangeable with the Bergdorf Goodman card mentioned above; either card is accepted at both stores.
- Nordstrom Credit Card – “If approved, you can sign in to access your card online and start shopping right away.” You’ll also get a $40 Note (rewards certificate) when you make a purchase with the card on the same day you are approved.
- Overstock.com Credit Card – “Apply. Be Approved. Use your card in as little as 60 seconds.” You’ll also get $20 in O Club Rewards after your first purchase.
- Sandals Credit Card – Sandals resorts offers a rewards credit card with this marketing message: “Apply now and you could get a decision in as little as 60 seconds. If you are approved today, use your Sandals Visa® card immediately to book your next Sandals vacation and start earning points faster.”
- Ulta Credit Card – If you are approved instantly, you can use the card immediately and get 20% off your first Ulta Beauty purchase.
- Walmart Credit Card – “Save $25 when you open a Walmart credit card and spend $25 today.”
- Williams Sonoma Credit Card – “20% Off Today! When you open and use your Williams Sonoma Credit Card.”
We think these cards, too (but aren’t 100% sure):
- Gap Credit Card – Gap is well-known to market its credit cards aggressively, and its online credit card page seems to show that this is still true, though it’s not completely clear. The fine print says “When approved for the GapCard or Gap Visa Card online, new customers will receive 20% off their first Gap or Gap Factory product purchase.” That seems to suggest instant online approval and immediate use, but we can’t guarantee it.
- Home Depot Credit Card – Home Depot’s marketing materials previously suggested its credit card would be available for immediate use after approval. Now that’s not quite as clear. It does promise $25 off your first purchase of $25 or more “upon approval,” which seems to suggest it could happen on the same day.
*** This site is compensated when you are approved for this card.