Instant Credit Cards List – Apply, Get Approval, Use Today
Updated February 2, 2019 – If you’ve ever been pitched on opening a new credit card at a retail store while making a purchase, you know that some stores are more than happy to give you instant credit — you apply on the spot, get approved, and you can use the card immediately. Below we offer a list of such cards, including regular bank credit cards as well as retail credit cards. Apply online and get shopping today. (Note that instant approval is not guaranteed.)
- American Express Cards – Most American Express credit cards and charge cards now offer the possibility of an “Instant Card Number” upon approval. Your “eligibility is based on our ability to instantly validate your identity.” If you are eligible, you’ll get an Instant Card Number that you can use even before you have the physical card in hand. Note, however, that you may not be able to access your card’s complete credit line instantly.
- PayPal Cashback Mastercard – One of our very favorite credit cards on the market also lets you use your card today if you are approved instantly. Here’s the language they use to describe the process: “If you’re approved, in most cases, a temporary credit line will instantly be added to your PayPal account and you can start using it on PayPal right away – – even before you receive your card.” Beyond the instant approval, this card gives you a 2% rebate on everything you buy with it — which is the top of the market for cash-back cards with a flat rate on all purchases.
- Amazon.com Store Card – This Amazon credit card promises an “Instant credit decision in as little as 30 seconds.” This card offers 0% financing on larger Amazon.com purchases of $149 or more. (Note that this card is issued by Synchrony Bank and is different from the Amazon Rewards Visa issued by Chase.)
- Apple Rewards Visa – “Apply, and if approved, you can shop at Apple right away.” Buy your Apple products on credit and earn rewards, too.
- Belk Rewards Credit Card – You’ll get 15%-20% off all of your purchases on the day you apply and are approved for this department store credit card.
- Bergdorf Goodman Credit Card – This store credit card gives you 5,000 points in its InCircle rewards program when you open an account and make a purchase on the same day. Also is interchangeable with the Neiman Marcus card mentioned below; either card is good at both stores.
- Best Buy Credit Cards – Get 5% back in rewards when you “Apply Today, Shop Today” with the credit card of this electronics superstore.
- Bloomingdale’s Credit Card – You’ll get 10% off your purchases today AND tomorrow when you apply and get approval for the Bloomie’s credit card.
- Disney Visa Credit Cards – If you are instantly approved for one of the two Disney credit cards issued by Chase, you’ll be able to use the card number that same day to book a Disney vacation online. (However, you won’t be able to use it outside of Disney until you get the physical card.)
- Goodyear Credit Card – If you need tires or other auto services today, Goodyear promises you an instant decision on its credit card and says, “If approved, you can start shopping in-store or online today.”
- IKEA Visa Credit Card – When you open and use your IKEA Visa credit card in the same day, you’ll get $25 off that day’s IKEA purchases. Also offers other IKEA rewards on an ongoing basis based on your card purchases.
- JCPenney Credit Card – Save 15% when you open a JCPenney credit card and use it today.
- Kohl’s Charge – Get 25%-35% off (depending on the current offer) of your Kohl’s purchases when you apply and are approved today.
- L.L. Bean Credit Card – “Save 15% on today’s purchase upon approval and use of your new L.L. Bean Mastercard.”
- Macy’s Credit Card – You’ll save 20% on purchases you make today and tomorrow if you apply and are instantly approved for this department store’s credit card.
- Neiman Marcus Credit Card – This store credit card gives you 5,000 points in its InCircle rewards program when you open an account and make a purchase on the same day. Also is interchangeable with the Bergdorf Goodman card mentioned above; either card is accepted at both stores.
- Nordstrom Credit Card – “If approved, you can sign in to access your card online and start shopping right away.” You’ll also get a $40 Note (rewards certificate) when you make a purchase with the card on the same day you are approved.
- Sandals Credit Card – Sandals resorts offers a rewards credit card with this marketing message: “Apply now and you could get a decision in as little as 60 seconds. If you are approved today, use your Sandals Visa® card immediately to book your next Sandals vacation and start earning points faster.”
- Ulta Credit Card – If you are approved instantly, you can use the card immediately and get 20% off your first Ulta Beauty purchase.
- Walmart Credit Card – “Save $25 when you open a Walmart credit card and spend $75 today.” (The promotional offer for new cardholders changes often, so you may see a different offer when you visit the Walmart website.)
- Williams Sonoma Credit Card – “20% Off Today! When you open and use your Williams Sonoma Credit Card.”
We think this one, too (but aren’t 100% sure):
- Gap Credit Card – Gap is well-known to market its credit cards aggressively, and its online credit card page seems to show that this is still true, though it’s not completely clear. The fine print says “When approved for the GapCard or Gap Visa Card online, new customers will receive 20% off their first Gap or Gap Factory product purchase.” That seems to suggest instant online approval and immediate use, but we can’t guarantee it. (I know they marketed instant approval to me in-store last time I bought from there.)